Blogs » Law Firms » I Was Hit by an Uninsured Driver—Can I Still Sue?

I Was Hit by an Uninsured Driver—Can I Still Sue?

  • One minute, you’re singing along to the radio, taking your time getting home after a long day at work. The next, someone has side-swiped you, and you’ve crashed. Now, you’re seriously injured, but the person left the scene of the accident, or they just don’t have insurance at all. 

    When this happens, you may be concerned that you don’t have options to sue. How are you supposed to financially recover? The good news is, your lawyer can help you seek compensation and sue the at-fault party. If you’re in need of compensation following a serious accident, reach out for help getting compensated by the at-fault party. 

    Uninsured Motorist Coverage

    When the other driver doesn’t have insurance, it can be tough to seek out the compensation you should receive for your losses. The good news is, you may not need their insurance company. Your own insurer may have you covered. 

    Many Utah drivers have uninsured motorist coverage. That means if you’re hit by an uninsured driver, you may be able to file a claim with your insurance company and avoid the trouble you may have when dealing with an uninsured driver. 

    However, your insurance policy may only cover a certain amount of the finances you need. Because of this, you may need a little more help to get fully compensated for your losses. 

    Identifying the At-Fault Driver for Court

    When you’re hurt in a car accident, you may need to bring the at-fault party to court. That may include identifying the at-fault driver if they left the scene of the accident. But, that doesn’t make it easier for you to recover compensation. 

    If the at-fault party didn’t have money for the costs of insurance, chances are good they won’t pay for your court costs, either. However, that doesn’t mean you have no chance of getting the funds you need. You may just need an Orem car accident lawyer on your side. They can help you seek compensation and fight to get fairly compensated for your losses. 

    Get Compensated with a Car Accident Attorney 

    When you’re hurt in a car accident, you may have trouble getting compensated for the losses you’ve suffered if an uninsured driver hit you. They should take responsibility for your suffering and your losses, but they may not be so willing or able to help you recover compensation. 

    Instead of hoping for the money you need from an uninsured driver, reach out to a car accident attorney from Craig Swapp & Associates. They can help you seek the fair compensation you need when you’ve been hurt by a careless driver. 

    They can even offer a free consultation about your accident. That way, you can see what to expect from your claim and what you can do about it. 

    If you’re struggling to get compensated for your injuries after an uninsured driver hit you, reach out. Our lawyers can get started when you call 1-800-404-9000 or when you visit us on our website for more information.