Blogs » Law Firms » Is There Anyone to Sue for My Car Accident?

Is There Anyone to Sue for My Car Accident?

  • Is There Anyone to Sue for My Car Accident?

    Have you been in a car accident? You may be wondering who can be sued. In most cases, the driver who caused the accident can be held liable. However, there are other parties that may also be responsible. In this blog post, we will discuss who can be sued in a car accident and what to do if you are injured.

    Filing a car accident claim can be a long and complicated process that would need an experienced lawyer to help you through. At Lopez and Humphries, PA, we have experienced personal injury attorneys. If you are looking for a Brandon car accident injury lawyer, contact us today.

    Suing Another Driver

    In most cases, the driver who caused the accident can be sued. This includes drivers who were negligent or broke traffic laws. If you are injured in a car accident, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against the other driver. The damages that you may be able to recover include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

    Suing the Grossly Negligent Driver

    If you are in a car accident, your injuries may be severe. You may have high medical costs and lost wages because of being unable to work. The negligent driver should pay for these damages. However, if they do not have enough insurance coverage, it would be hard to recover all your losses. In this case, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the driver's employer. If the employer was grossly negligent in hiring or supervising the employee, they may be liable for your damages.

    Suing a Municipality

    Injuries in a car accident caused by a defective road or traffic signal can be sued a municipality. If you are injured in an accident caused by poor lighting, inadequate signage or poorly maintained roads, the municipality may be held liable. However, it is important to remember that suing a government entity is different from suing another driver. You may have shorter deadlines and notice requirements for filing your claim so it would be best to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

    Suing the Car Manufacturer

    Car accidents can also be caused by defective auto parts or manufacturing defects. If you are injured because of these, you may be able to sue not only the driver but also the car manufacturer. However, it is important that your lawyer will have experience in product liability cases.

    How an Attorney Can Help

    If you are injured in a car accident, contact your attorney as soon as possible. In many cases, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is just two or three years from the date of the accident or discovery of your injuries. Your lawyer can help by gathering evidence that will prove that another party was liable for your injuries. They can also help you determine the full amount of damages that you are owed by the negligent party and negotiate a fair settlement with their insurance company.

    Get Legal Representation at Lopez and Humphries, PA

    Are you looking for an experienced car accident lawyer in Brandon, PA? Contact our office today at Lopez and Humphries, PA. We have personal injury lawyers who can help you with your claim. Call us today at 863-709-8500, and we shall help you secure the compensation you deserve.