Blogs » Law Firms » Car Accidents Involving Wild Animals in Spokane

Car Accidents Involving Wild Animals in Spokane

  • Many of us have spotted a deer or two crossing the road or lingering in the woods near the highway. That’s not always a welcome sight, though, when those deer are in the road and cause a dangerous car accident.

    These accidents can be complex. You’re not dealing with another driver, and you’re not dealing with property owned by another person. You might be worried about your options in the wake of a collision with a wild animal. 

    If you’re struggling to get compensated, reach out to an attorney for answers. They can help you seek recompense from the appropriate party, which means you can focus on recovery without additional financial strain.

    When to Report Your Spokane Accident

    If you’ve hit a deer or other animal in the road, you may first be required to report your accident. A car collision report should be filed within four days of the accident, but you might be unsure if you need to file. 

    Typically, if more than $700 in property damage occurred, it’s best to call the police and report your accident. If you hit a pet or livestock, you may also need to report the accident, as that means someone’s property was damaged. 

    You should also file a claim if you were injured. You may be able to seek compensation for the costs of your medical care, so make sure that you file an accident report if the damage is serious. 

    Insurance Coverage for Hitting Animals 

    If you’ve hit an animal, or if you crashed while swerving to miss an animal, your insurance may cover the expenses for your injuries. That’s especially true if you have comprehensive coverage, which should cover any damage done to your car on the road. 

    However, that doesn’t mean the insurance company will be willing to work with you to settle your claim. Instead of offering the funds you need after a collision, they may try to protect their own profits. That leaves you with decreased funds or even a denied settlement request.

    In these cases, you may need a Spokane car accident lawyer. They can review your claim and help you write a demand letter or even take your claim to court, should that become necessary. 

    Call a Spokane Car Accident Lawyer About Your Animal Collision

    Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident is rarely easy. If you’ve hit a deer or other animal, it can be even tougher to get compensated for your injuries and recover. These unusual crash cases require the experience of a legal professional.

    That’s why you may need a lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates on your side. They can help you report your accident, talk to your insurance company, and get the compensation you’re qualified for. If you’re struggling to get compensation, your Spokane car crash attorney will walk you through the process during a free consultation.

    If you’re ready for a no-obligation talk with a lawyer, call 1-800-404-9000 or visit us online for more information.